Rhys Thomas is a visionary author, speaker and trainer in the energy medicine field. He is the founder and director of the Rhys Thomas Institute of Energy Medicine which draws people from all over the globe, and the creator of the Rhys Method® transformational system used at the Institute.
Rhys is celebrated worldwide as a pioneer in the field of energy medicine due to this synthesis and re-interpretation of energy medicine techniques for personal and professional transformation. Rhys is passionate about teaching people how to awaken to their deepest sense of purpose, power and presence in their lives, their relationships and their missions. He has impacted the lives of hundreds of thousands of people through his videos, speaking events and programs and through the Institute.
Rhys believes deeply that when one person has the courage to the live a Super Hero Life, they awaken the courage in all of us to be powerful elements of change in the world!
He is a graduate and former teacher at the Institute of Healing Arts and Sciences and the founder of Solstice Healing Arts Center. Rhys has 15 years of experience in energy medicine practice, which includes full spectrum healing, crystal bowl sound healing, energy reading and soul reading. He is a certified energy medicine practitioner, Reiki Master, and 2nd Degree Black Belt with 25 years Martial Arts Training. Before entering the healing arts he had a successful 27 year career as a tennis professional and national speaker for the tennis industry.
Media Contact Information »
Sample Interview Questions
- Before we get into your book and the topic of life purpose, I feel that many of the listeners are aware of the term energy medicine but not fully know what it is. What is it and how does it relate to your life purpose?
- You have often said that “Who you are, is your life purpose.” What do you mean by that? Don’t we know who we are?
- Let’s say you are someone who has been very career focused your whole life, you’ve always known what you wanted to do – whether it’s being an amazing accountant or school teacher or scientist. Is living on purpose the same as having a satisfying career?
- There are a number of very popular personality tests and systems that individuals and even large companies have been using for years, Enneagram, Meyers-Briggs, and Disc and others that matchmaking sites use. How is your system radically different than those?
- You say that most of the people you have worked with want 3 thing in their lives in hopes of being happy and fulfilled and have a sense of purpose. Good career, good relationships and good health. How would knowing your purpose improve someone’s ability to achieve these 3?
- How do you help people find their life purpose so they can get what they really want in life? You say there are three steps – what are they?
- You say that you cannot know your life purpose through thinking, you must feel it as a deep inner calling. Isn’t a good decision one that you have thought through?
- You teach life mastery at the Rhys Thomas Institute and say that the rules and way to living for a master are the exact opposite for those of an expert. What is the difference?
- Let’s talk about the Life Purpose Profiles you have developed. Where do these profiles come from? Did you create these yourself?
- You say there are five life purpose profiles, i.e. five purposes that all people find their deepest inner and outer purpose through and you must know which one you are if are going to have a deep sense of purpose. What are the five?
- What happens to people when they discover their life purpose?
- How did you come to write this book? Why now?
- Is your Profile system a good tool to use to finally find a career you love?
- What about relationships? How does it help you develop deeper relationships? Or find your soul mate?
- In Discover Your Purpose you say that each profile has a very specific profile that they will find to be their soul mate. Is the high rate of divorce have anything to do with that?
- We are taught that much of our life purpose is based on being a man or a woman, John Gray’s idea that men are from mars and women are from Venus. You say that is a terrible lie that limits us, can you explain?
- How can this system help business owners and managers assess and support their staff to not just be good workers but make sure the work they do gives them a sense of purpose?
- How can I use the life purpose profiles to make more money in my business and make it more successful?
- Many people want to move from their traditional job and create a career in a more holistic form of work. How can the profiles point them in the right direction?
- How can parents use the profiles to have better relationships with their children with their children?
- Many people find themselves with difficult children and don’t know what to do. Can the profiles help them?
- You say that a midlife crisis, that you call a “mid-life-calling” is your soul calling, telling you that you may have forgotten who you really are and your life is out of balance. What are the signs that this is happening and what do you recommend people do about it?
- You talk about how important your Big Why is to living your purpose. How does knowing your profile give you insight to your Big Why and how you are to here to inspire others?
- In Discover Your Purpose you talk about how we all make vows in life and that these vows are what keep you stuck in your life. Can you explain why a vow like “I will always being a good person” could be sabotaging your life and ability to live your highest purpose?
- What is the difference between a strong belief and a Vow? How do beliefs affect your idea of who you are?
- How can knowing your profile enhance your health?
- You say there is one primary reason why people are get sick physically, emotional and mentally? Can you talk about what that is and how you have seen that at the Rhys Thomas Institute?
- Are you saying that to have optimal health you must be living your purpose?
- You say that who you are is more nature than nurture and that current ways of dealing with health try to fix the lack of nurture. How else can it be done?
- Do you have to be on a spiritual journey to use this book or can anyone use this?
- When did you realize your own life purpose? Did you always know what you were meant to do in the world?
- How did you come to be an energy medicine practitioner when before you were a 25 year tennis pro and martial artist?
- What do you want people to take away from this book?
Sample Radio Interviews
Conversations Beyond Science and Religion
Listen in as Philip Comella and Rhys explore uncharted territory in bringing the search for life’s purpose down-to-earth.
The Zone Show
The Zone Show explores how we can get in and stay in the zone, where we perform at our peak and enjoy life to the full. It’s hosted by author and creative catalyst Tom Evans.
Sandra Beck and Linda Franklin of Powered Up Talk Radio interview Rhys Thomas, author of Discover Your Purpose.
Here are various headshots of Rhys you can use for promoting your interview. Just click on the one you want to see full size and then right-click (or CTRL + Click on a Mac) to save to your computer.